Come, Thou Desire of All Thy Saints
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. Come, thou desire of all thy saints,
Our humble stains attend,
While, with our praises and complaints,
Low at thy feet we bend.
2. When we thy wondrous glories hear,
And all thy sufferings trace,
What sweetly awful scenes appear,
What rich unbounded grace.
3. How should our songs, like those above,
With warm devotion rise!
How should our souls, with wings of love,
Mount upward to the skies!
4. But, ah! the song - how cold it flows!
How languid our desire!
How faint the sacred passion glows
Till thou the heart inspire!
5. Come, Lord, thy love alone can raise
In us the heavenly flame:
Then shall our lips resound thy praise,
Our hearts adore thy name.